March 16th, 2020
Dear Ahl and O’Connor Orthodontics patient families:
With the rapidly changing challenges brought about by the threat of COVID-19 Coronavirus we are taking steps to ensure that our patients and our team are protected. In an effort to keep you informed of the measures we are taking and of our schedule, we ask that you please read the following.
We will continue to operate on a normal schedule and as always, we will follow OSHA guidelines for infection control.
Patients With Symptoms:
- As always, during cold and flu season, we ask you to reschedule your appointment if you feel ill, have experienced a fever in the last 72 hours or have been exposed to someone with these symptoms.
- In the event that an orthodontic patient or family member has symptoms related to those associated with the Coronavirus (fever, persistent cough, shortness of breath) we ask that you do not come to the office.
- Please contact us so that we may postpone your next visit until an appropriate time.
- To date we have no team members or patients that have known exposure to, symptoms related to, or confirmation of the coronavirus.
Extra Family Members at Appointments:
- As a temporary measure, we ask that you limit the number of people accompanying the patient to one extra person.
- We ask that additional extra family members wait outside of the office. We understand that some parents will need to wait in the car with other children.
- As long as you have your mobile phone with you, we can update you and make the next appointment while you are outside the office.
- We will keep this measure in effect until April 10th and then reevaluate.
Schedule & Appointments:
- We will continue with normal business hours for the time being.
- Normal business hours could change based on how this situation progresses within our community.
- In the event you wish to reschedule an appointment for a later date, please contact us at your earliest convenience.
Check In Station:
- Our protocol for check in will be changing during this time.
- The self check in computer will be shutdown.
- We ask that you check in at the front desk verbally with a team member.
- Please remember that we may not know you have arrived if you do not check in.
Temporary Reception Room Changes:
- We will be removing communal items that may be touched by multiple people throughout the day such as our coffee / tea bar and magazines.
Measures We Are Taking:
- We are staying current with the CDC guidelines and updates.
- Our facilities have always been cleaned and disinfected daily and are given a deep cleaning on a weekly basis.
- In addition to this we are taking extra measures and adding a disinfectant wipe down to commonly touched areas throughout the day.
The safe care of our patients is of the utmost importance.
Any questions or concerns may be addressed via phone at 302- 678-3000.
Thank you for taking the time to read this and remember to keep smiling.
Ahl and O’Connor Orthodontics